Adrian Rogers, who is now with the LORD, was known for his wit and his wisdom. We served together, years ago, on the board of directors for the National Coalition Against Pornography.
He was an exceptional pastor and Bible teacher. It was such a privilege to get to know him. I thought it might be a blessing to you to share some of his “Adrianisms.”
• “Try to define the Trinity and you’ll lose your mind. Deny it and you’ll lose your soul.”
• “God only wants for us what we would want for ourselves if we were smart enough to want it.”
• “If I had 1,000 lives to live, I’d give everyone to Jesus.”
• “I love the name of Jesus. It fits just right on my tongue.”
• “What we need is not great FAITH, but FAITH in a great God.”
• “God grades on the cross, not on the curve.”
• “The difference between the Anti-Christ and Christ is that one, the Anti-Christ gives you a number, and Christ gives you a name. When Jesus comes, will your name be called or will your number be up?”
• “Jesus is our way to God and God’s way to us.”
• “How come you’re always running around looking for God? He’s not lost.”
• “If Christ is not LORD of all, He’s not LORD at all.”
• “If Christ is worth anything, He’s worth everything.”
• “If I put things between me and Christ, it is idolatry. If I put Christ between me and things, it is Victory!”
• “Being baptized with the HOLY SPIRIT means He is now resident in your heart. Being filled with the HOLY SPIRIT MEANS He is now President there.”
• “My fear of God should not be that He will put His hand on me but that He will take it off.”
• “Most people want to serve God but only in an advisory capacity.”
• “I read other books, the Bible reads me.”
• “The Bible addresses one problem – sin.
The Bible has one villain – Satin
The Bible has one hero – Jesus
The Bible has one purpose – to glorify God”
I hope these quotes by Adrian Rogers will bless you and encourage you. He was such a dear servant of God.
In Christ, Leonard