“What Our Country Needs”
I think any sensible person would say that America needs many things, but most of all we need the blessings of God. How important is it that we have His favor? I think we find the answers we need in 2 Chronicles 7:12-16
1. We need God’s blessings in order to survive.
13a, “When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain.”
2. We need God’s blessings in order to prosper.
13b, “On command locusts to devour the land.”
3. We need God’s favor to survive morally and physically.
13c, “Or send a plague among my people.”
What do we need to do?
1. All who truly know God personally, must stand up as God’s people.
14a, “If my people who are called by My name.”
2. All of us must humble ourselves.
14b, “If my people will humble themselves.”
3. All of us must really seek the Lord.
14c, “If My people will pray …”
4. All of us must earnestly desire God’s presence.
14d, “If My people will seek my face.”
What does God mean by this statement?
The language indicates that He is looking for a people who choose to live as His word calls for.
5. He is looking for a people who are literally disgusted with their sin and are willing to repent.
14e, “And turn from their wicked ways.”
What can we expect if we come to God on His terms?
1. He will hear us when we call on Him.
14f, “Then will I hear from heaven.”
2. He will forgive us of our sins.
14g, “I will forgive their sins.”
3. He will bring us health personally and nationally.
14h, “I will heal their land.”
God is not ignoring us. He is waiting for us to get serious about wanting to truly be His people and live for Him.
Folks, listen to what God says in verse 15:
“Now my eyes will be open” — He is watching to see what we will do.
“My ears will be attentive to the prayers offered in this place.” — He is waiting to hear from us and whether we are broken before Him.
What a promise He makes to us in verse 16:
“I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there.”
Are we willing to be one nation under God?
I pray that all of us at Ventura Jubilee Fellowship will choose to live in ways that God will joyful bless.
Personally seeking Him,