1. Be sure to be present this Sunday, September 9th, to welcome and hear Brian and Brenda Kim, missionaries to Korea. You will be blessed.
2. Jubilee Kid’s Ministry –
a. Please pray for our amazing team of children’s workers. They are terrific.
b. Pray that the Holy Spirit will send more and more children to be taught God’s Word.
c. We have a real need for two more teachers for our kid’s ministry. Could the LORD use you in that way?
3. Ladies Bible Study will begin Wednesday, September 19, at 9:30 AM. Be sure you sign-up right away and get the study book by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. She is a tremendous teacher. Cost for the book is $15.
4. Men’s Breakfast and Bible Study every Thursday at 6 AM. Our men are fixing really great meals. Suggested donation is $5.00. This week, Pastor Leonard will lead a study on the life of Joseph and one of the greatest challenges that men face.
5. Our Portable Baptistry has been ordered. I am planning a class for those ready to be baptized. It will be Saturday, September 22nd at 9AM, with the baptisms to follow on the 23rd. If you want to be baptized, be sure to turn your form in right away. They are on the Information Table or call the office and we will mail you one. 805-535-4325
6. Our first Membership Class will be Saturday, September 22nd at 10 AM. If you have received Christ as your Savior and Lord, we would love to have you consider joining. Pick up the Membership Application Form at the Information Table. Complete it and turn it in right away.
7. We will have a Congregational Meeting of our church membership on Sunday, Sept.16th, right after our morning service. Please plan to stay as the meeting will not be long. Our main item of business will be the election of our leadership. If you didn’t get the Nominating Committee report (Sample Ballot), pick one up at the Information Table.
8. There will be a Memorial Service for our dear Bud Skirvin (Coleen Suddock’s father) on Saturday, September 15th at noon, here at the church.
9. Some of you may remember Rev. Hollis Allen, former pastor of Community Presbyterian Church. He was recently called home to be with his LORD. There will be a reception, in his honor, at Forest Home Rancho Del Rey, Oakview Campus on Saturday, September 15th at 2 PM. You are invited.
10. This is a must. Most of us now are bombarded several times a week with scams. We have invited Sheriff’s Detective Tim Lohman to be with us. I understand his presentation is powerful. He will be at our luncheon on Tuesday, September 11th. Please sign up at the Information Table. Last day for reservations, Wed., Sept.5th. $8.00
11. God must love us a lot! I know He does. Several months ago, I contacted author and pastor Dr. Robert Morgan to see if he would bless Jubilee with his ministry. He is a wonderful communicator. I have several of his books and I am so blessed. He is in great demand and usually speaks to at least 2,000 people or more! He was quiet, for a moment, when I told him we were a new church of 250-300. After we talked for a few minutes, he said, “I feel led to come.” WOW! Well, he will be with us the weekend of October 26-28. I don’t want you to miss one minute of his presence or teaching. Begin praying now for a great outpouring of God’s Holy Spirit.
12. One More Thing — There is a ministry about an hour away in Los Angeles called, “The Dream Center”. You can check it out on the internet. Lives are being changed there all the time. We have scheduled a bus trip there for Tuesday, October 2nd. I really want many of you to experience what God is doing there. Watch for more details.