1. This Sunday we will be celebrating the Lord’s Supper/Communion. We will also be having a special time of anointing and prayer for those who need God’s healing touch.
For our communion meditation, we will be teaching on the seven specific statements that Jesus made about Himself.
2. Don and Kathy Mingo will be with us Sunday, December 9th. They are serving as missionaries to missionaries. It is a tremendous ministry. We are blessed to be a supporting church in this very important ministry God has called them too.
3. A warm greeting and a happy smile is all that is needed! We’re recruiting for our Greeter Team. It’s a minor commitment of major importance! Potential greeters would be committing to 4-6 Sunday’s a year to arrive by 11AM to hand out the bulletins. We want happy, smiling faces who will greet everyone & welcome them to the service; answer questions and guide the visitors to the Sign-in tables. Call the office if interested or see Shelly Decker.
4. Pastor Sherrow and our Choir will present our Christmas Musical,
“The Songs, The Story” on Sunday, Dec. 16th at 11:30 AM. You will be blessed. Why not share the blessing by inviting others to come with you.
Choir Members. Rehearsals — December 2 & 9. We’ll have a final rehearsal on Saturday, 12/15, 9:30 a.m.-noon. ***Please note the morning rehearsal time.
5. Be sure to sign-up, right away for our annual Christmas Dinner … Tuesday, Dec. 11 at 6 PM. We will only be able to seat 245 and we are nearly there. Please use this free event as an outreach to family and friends you would like to bring to Jubilee. Dr. Ron Brown, Director of Teen Challenge for Southern California will be our special guest.
6. Sold-Out …The Ladies Christmas Tea. If you want to be on a waiting list, call the office. I understand that, in addition to a wonderful program, that the men are actually going to be serving the ladies. (I hear the ladies are big tippers!)
7. A reminder to all of our men — don’t miss our Men’s Breakfast & Bible Study, every Thursday at 6 AM. We will be back on schedule this Thursday.
8. We will have our first Membership and Baptism Classes after the first of the year. If you are interested in either of these, use the Jubilee Contact Card in the Worship Center chair pockets and let us know of your interest.
9. Praise God! You folks gave a special offering to Teen Challenge, on Sunday, of over $4,100. What an in investment you have made! I am so proud of you. A reminder … their open house is Saturday, the 15th 4:30-7:30 PM.