1. Attention Men — There will be no men’s breakfast and Bible Study this week because of Thanksgiving.
2. For Your Interest — Abednego Book Shoppe, 2682 E. Main St., Ventura is holding a special, every Friday, (Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21, 30) from 5:30 PM to 8 PM. Everyone who shops on these nights gets an automatic 20% off.
3. Don’t forget to sign-up, at the Information Table, for the Ladies’ Tea on Saturday, December 1st at 11 AM.
4. A reminder that it is time to sign up for our annual Christmas dinner, with special guest, Dr. Ron Brown, director of Southern California Teen Challenge. The date is Tuesday, December 11th at 6 PM. It is a free event, but you must sign-up. We can only handle 245 and nearly have 200 signed up.
Please invite only those who may have interest in coming to Jubilee. Use this as an outreach event.
5. Don’t Miss This Sunday!!!
The Teen Challenge Ladies Choir will be with us. Their music and testimonies of deliverance will bless you mightily. Be sure to invite anyone with any kind of addiction. This could be the day they experience their healing.
6. Memorial Service for Lola Higby will be Dec. 27th at 1 PM at Charles Carroll Funeral Home. Reception will follow at Ventura Missionary Church.
7. Many Thanks to all of You! You folks who are a part of Jubilee Fellowship really know how to make birthdays special. I just want to thank you for the personal greetings, cards, gifts and most of all “YOU” our church family for making number ‘81’ really great. Psalm 150:6 says, “Let everything that has breath, praise the LORD.” I praise Him for each of you.
8. This Thanksgiving will be very different for many, many people. So many people have been traumatized by raging fires, loss of homes, senseless shootings and much more. Please join me in faithfully praying for them. God knows who they are and He really cares. Pray that they will be drawn closer to our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. Pray for their healing, emotionally, spiritually and in some cases, relationally.
Psalm 100:4 says, “Enter His gates with Thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. (5) For the LORD is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations.”
Thanksgiving actually comes from an old English word that meant, ‘thanksliving’. If we are truly grateful to God for His goodness, let it be seen in the way we live.
9. YOUR DR. MORGAN BOOKS ARE IN …. the following folks can pick up their books in the Reflection Room: Mike Babcock, Lois Barney, Barbara Klassen, Mary Chase, Carol Flack, Kathryn Lyons and Joyce Howell.