1. Cypress Place Senior Living is hosting a “Salute to Our Veterans”, Wednesday, June 27th at 11 AM. It is going to be a great event and I would encourage you to attend. A free lunch is included. RSVP: 805-650-8000
2. nCourage Church is heading a drive to collect shoes (slightly used or new) for children that are in need of them. This can give these kids a real lift in their spirits. They are looking for shoes that would fit those in kindergarten through grade 8. Barrels are here at the church for your donations.
3. This Sunday, July 1st at 11:30 AM will be the Patriotic Musical Celebration, “We are America” presented by the choir and orchestra. It’s a whirlwind tour of the 50 states and a salute to the military. If you are a veteran, please wear your hat or uniform. If you had a loved one who served or is currently serving, please bring a piece of memorabilia. There is a time in the program where you will share with others it’s significance to you. Invite a friend to come with you!
4. Our next Communion Service will be Sunday, July 8th. It will be followed by a congregational meeting, so please plan to stay for it. At that meeting, we will ask you to:
A. Vote on our Bylaws (copies available at the Information Table)
B. Recognize our Charter Members as our official membership.
C. Vote on our Nominating Committee who will begin to prepare the ballot for our September meeting. (List of names available at the Information Table.)
5. Can You Help? Richard Morris, his wife Valerie and son Tim will be with us for our conference on Spiritual Warfare. We need to find housing for them. They want to be here a total of five days, arriving on July 19th and leaving on the 24th. If you could help with housing, please call me right away. The dates for the seminar are July 20-21.
6. Men’s Breakfast & Bible Study begins this Thursday, the 28th at 6 AM. The cost will be $5.00, as was before. To begin with breakfast — it will be very good, but not as elaborate as before. We have to purchase a lot of supplies, equipment, etc. We will have a great time in worship, fellowship and the word. So, let others know and bring your friends.
7. Coming Events:
A. Seminar on Spiritual Warfare, Friday, July 20th and Saturday morning the 21st. Guest Speaker is Richard Morris, missionary to France.
B. Tuesday, August 14th at 2 PM, we will show the movie, “I Can Only Imagine”. It will be followed by an ice cream social.
C. Tuesday, September 11th, a special luncheon featuring Sheriff’s Detective Tim Lohman presenting a major workshop on Scams. People who have seen this say it is the greatest.
D. October 26-28th, a special Bible Conference featuring Dr. Robert Morgan. You don’t want to miss this event.
8. Training for driving our deluxe transporter cart is scheduled for Saturday, July 7th at 10 AM. Sign up at the Information Table.
9. Children’s Ministry – I want Jubilee to be a church for all ages. The LORD has given us a terrific team of workers. They come prepared every Sunday whether there are children or not. Their hearts are right and they want to build into the lives of your grandchildren and any others you bring with you. Please ask the Holy Spirit to lay on your heart people to invite. Let’s work together to build this area of our church life.
10. Training for serving at the Little Red School House at the County Fair … There will be a training session here at Jubilee on Friday, July 13th, 10 AM to 12:00. Register at the Information Table.
11. Maryjo Reineking has announced the airing of “Ventura”, Thursday at 7PM, featuring Pastor Leonard. Channel 6 or live stream at capsmedia.org (Joyfully His).