1. This Wednesday at 7 PM, come hear the Legacy Quartet … a men’s quartet from God’s Bible School & College of Cincinnati, Ohio.
2. Congregational Meeting – Sunday, July 8th, right after our service. Please do your best to be present and to be able to stay for a while. At this meeting, we will ask you to vote on:
• Our Bylaws
• Church Leadership
3. Jubilee’s Missions Program is Launched. Let me share with you several aspects of our mission’s program.
a. We are designating 10% of the tithes and offerings we receive to missions.
• Since we are a part of the Missionary Church Inc., we will be giving 2% to the Western Regional and 2% for the home office and the world outreach, at that level.
b. From the remaining 6%, we will support a number of parachurch ministries as well as world outreach missionaries and/or ministries. In each case, we will support them at $150 per month.
c. Here are the parachurch ministries we plan to support:
• Ventura County Christian School
• Ventura County Rescue Mission
• Ventura County Pregnancy Center
• Child Evangelism Fellowship
• Food Share
• Joel Rosenberg – The Joshua Fund
d. Here are the missionaries we plan to support:
• Lewis and Karen McClendon and Abound Ministries. Their ministry is training new missionaries on what to expect when they go to the field.
• Don and Kathy Mingo. Their ministry is working with missionaries that are on the field but are discouraged, burned out and thinking of quitting. The goal is to get them healthy and re-orient them to the field.
• Brian and Rachel Weed, missionaries to Nicaragua.
• Brian and Brenda Kim, missionaries to Korea.
• Mike Patterson – Mt. Abarim Baptist Mission
e. We plan to keep about 30% of our mission’s funds on hand for emergency needs.
Note: These are the basics of our Jubilee Missions Outreach.
4. Save the Dates:
• Thursday, June 28th – our first weekly Men’s Breakfast & Bible Study.
• Sunday, July 1st, will be our Patriotic Celebration, “We Are America”. You’ll want to be sure to invite family and friends for this amazing program. It will be presented by our choir and orchestra and will feature a whirlwind tour of the 50
states and a tribute to the 5 branches of the military. Don’t forget to bring memorabilia and/or wear your uniform/hat … come share with us so we can celebrate you!
• Friday, July 13th – Training here for “Good News at the Fair”
• Friday eve & Saturday morning– July 20-21, Richard Morris, missionary to France, a seminar on Spiritual Warfare … how the Adversary, the devil, seeks to deceive and destroy our lives.
• Tuesday, August 14th at 2 PM, Showing of “I Can Only Imagine” with an ice cream social.
• Tuesday, September 11th at noon, Jubilee Luncheon with Detective Tim Lohman informing us about current scams.
• October 20-22 a weekend Bible Conference with author Dr. Robert Morgan.
5. Don’t Forget … if you are interested in driving our beautiful red transporter (golf cart) and/or are interested in coming to the church once a month for about 30 minutes to do a quick maintenance check on the cart, please call the church office. Both activities are do-able for men or women!
6. Lost & Found – our “loot” seems to be growing. If you have lost an article, check in the Reflections’ Room … back wall.
7. We already have 40 folks signed up for Small Groups … that is in addition to the many Small Groups now meeting. See Bill or Pat Abeyta if interested in joining one, next to the Information Table.
8. Have you seen Anita’s Cookie Sign-up Table? It’s beautifully decorated, and ready for you to come and sign-up to help with cookie fellowship time or bring your favorite cookie!