1. The First Step to Charter Membership —will be Sunday, August 6, 2017. After the service, we will have a very short break and then up-date you on where we are organizationally. At that time, you will be given an opportunity to sign an “Affirmation of Faith”, that says you are a born again Christian; and, you wish to commit to Ventura Jubilee Fellowship. When we have all of our legal affairs completed, those who complete the affirmation form will become charter members. Those not present but wish to commit to this Fellowship will have two weeks to turn in their form.
NOTE: You do not have to become a member. This will always be your church home. The one difference is that at our congregational meetings, only members will be able to vote. If you do not join, we assure you that you will receive the same love and care the others receive.
2. Wow! Sunday, our new choir had their first rehearsal and did they sound great! There is still time for you to join. Call us at 535-4325 and get your name on the list.
3. Blood Drive this Saturday at Paradise Chevrolet, from 9:30 AM – 2:30 PM. Call Don or Cyndee to sign up, 805-469-6650 and set a time for you to donate. This is a cooperative between Ventura Downtown Lions, Paradise Chevrolet and Jubilee!
4. This is exciting! We are in the process of ordering 100 new chairs very similar to what nCourage already has. It will be weeks before they arrive, so in the meantime, we are renting 30 locally. You won’t have to look for a seat. Pass the word. Invite family and friends to experienced Ventura Jubilee Fellowship.
5. The Senior’s Ministry at Ventura Missionary invite you to go with them to a Candlelight Theater featuring “South Pacific”. The event is in Claremont and the cost is $110 for the dinner and show. Deadline to sign up is July 30th. The show is August 19th.
6. Volunteer’s needed. We need help with cleaning the church. You could come in on Monday or Tuesday to help with a light cleaning. In addition, we will need help with the “deeper cleaning” once every other month. It’s not much, but will greatly help the facility look presentable for the various activities. If you can help us, please call Joan at 535-4325.
7. Café Happenings! Folks are enjoying the fellowship in the café more and more! We love to see this and want to give Anita all the support she needs to keep the coffee and cookies coming! Please help support this vital part of our Sunday fellowship by signing up to bring cookies. The August sign-up sheet is at the Information Table before church and in the Café, after church.
Also, we are in need of volunteers to help set up or take down the café area. Sign-up sheets for that are also at the Information Table before church and in the Café, after church.
8. Found – Gold hoop earring. You may claim it at the Information Table.