1. Men’s Breakfast & Bible Study meets every Thursday at 6 AM. This week, Pastor Leonard will finish the lesson on, “Dry Seasons.” Do you struggle with spiritual dryness? This can happen to anyone but it can be overcome. If you haven’t been attending, you are missing out on the fantastic breakfasts our team has been preparing.
2. Attention All Ladies – Your Bible study begins again this Wednesday, January 23rd at 10 AM (NOTE new time) The study is great! It is on the “Attributes of God” by A. W. Tozer. What a great study! Cost for the book is $15.
3. Just a reminder – our next baptism class is Saturday, February 16th at 9 AM. Baptism is meant to be a public testimony of one’s relationship with Christ. Pick up the form at the information table, complete it and return it to me right away. We will baptize on Sunday, February 17th.
4. If you have welcomed Christ into your life, we would invite you to consider joining this church. You don’t have to join, but we want you to know we’d love to have you as an official member, if you so choose. Forms are on the information table.
5. Just a reminder that we would love to have you join us at 11 AM in the Conference Room for pre-service prayer. You can either be a thermometer that registers the temperature or a thermostat that sets the temperature of the church. I want you to help set the temperature of the church. Come and join us – men and ladies.
6. Let’s Pray for Our Country – We are a long way spiritually and morally from the days when our nation was birthed. I don’t know that all of our founders were Christians, but I believe that all were God-fearing. For that reason, the principles upon which the nation was founded were for the most part, Judeo-Christian.
Many are saying that today those principles are no longer relevant; that we need to be more “inclusive” in our beliefs and practices. In order to be more “inclusive”, there is a move away from what God tells us in His inspired word. In Psalm 8:17, we read, “The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.”
What will it take to turn this nation around and back toward God? The answer is found in 2 Chronicles 7:14
“If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
It is time for us to heed God’s voice and turn to Him in prayer.