1. An Opportunity to Serve – Our people and churches in Puerto Rico have experienced major destruction due to recent storms. They desperately need our help to rebuild. If you are in good health and gifted in repairing and fixing things, why don’t you consider going for a week. Go on line to www.worldpartners.org for further information. World Partners is the missions’ arm of the Missionary Church.
2. Our Jubilee Kids Program will begin, Sunday, January 28th at 11:30 AM. The program will be for kids, K-Grade 5. So, if you have children or grand-children that age, please invite them. Let others know of this new program.
3. Prayer – Please continue praying for all who have been affected by the fires and floods. It is hard to imagine what these people are going through. 2 Corinthians 1:3 says, “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort.” Pray that these people will know the God of all comfort.
4. Memorial Service for Wayne Crowley, Saturday, January 20th at 1:00 PM, at Ventura Missionary Church, 500 High Point Drive, Ventura.
5. Please plan to join the Women’s Bible Study in late February for their new study: “Discerning the Voice of God” by Priscilla Shirer. Registration will take place on Sundays, February 18 & 25th at the Information Table.
6. Our Sunday “Cookie-Coffee Time” has been a great success. Fellowship and snacks — a perfect combination for the 12:30 hour! It takes a large number of folks to make this special time happen. How ‘bout volunteering ONCE A MONTH to be on a clean-up team? You’ll be out of here by 1:30 and, best of all, this won’t leave the same few dear folks carrying the broom-burden. Please join in and volunteer. A sign-up sheet will be on the Information Table. You better look, your name may already be on it! Thank you!
7. “Grandparenting That Matters” – We’ve been invited to join Bible Fellowship
(Encounter) for their gathering, this Saturday, January 20th, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM. The General Session, “What Grandchildren Want Most from Their Grandparents” – 5 Habits That Make Memories and Generate Closeness will be followed by breakout sessions led by an amazing team. Call 656-7766 for further information. A free event.