1. This Sunday, we will be participating in Communion, also known as the Lord’s Supper. I will be giving the first part of a two-part teaching on the “Five Miracles of Calvary.” I hope you can be present.
2. A reminder to all of our men. We will meet again this Thursday at 6 AM. Pass the word and invite at least one other man to come as your guest. First timers are free.
3. Church Membership – Would you like to join Ventura Jubilee Fellowship? Our next membership class will be Saturday, February 16th at 10 AM. Let us know, right away, of your desire to join so we can send you the paperwork.
4. Believer’s Baptism – Have you been baptized since receiving Jesus as your savior? He asks that we do it as an evidence that we are truly born again. Please let us know if you wish to be baptized. A special class will be held on Saturday, February 16th at 9 AM.
5. Many, many thanks to all of you for your prayers, encouragement, cards, gifts, meals and above all your love for the Lord and each other. You are so important to Joyce and me. You are our family and we are blessed to be a part of this fellowship. I pray that your new year will be the best ever.
6. Jesus said, “My house shall be called a house of prayer.” (Matt. 21:13) Each Sunday, some of us meet in our Conference Room (in back of Worship Center) at 11 AM to pray and seek the Lord’s favor on the ministry. I want to invite and encourage, all who can, to join us for that time of intercession for God’s presence and power to rest upon each part of the service.
7. It really blesses me when you come to me and say, “Pastor Leonard, I want you to meet my friend, “_____”. He/she is my guest today at Jubilee.” I believe our LORD is really pleased when we reach out to others and invite them to come and worship with us.
I love what Nehemiah wrote when the people set out to rebuild the wall around Jerusalem. “So we built the wall, and the entire wall was joined together up to half its height, for the people had a mind to work.” Jubilee is a work planted by God. Let’s all join in building her up for the glory of God.
8. Women’s Bible Study is scheduled to begin January 23rd. Registration begins next Sunday.
9. Just for Fun! Several are meeting on Friday, the 4th, at the downtown “Century 10” to watch the new “Mary Poppins”. Come join us at the 1:45 PM showing.