1. Prayer Vigil – This Friday noon to Saturday noon. I believe this will be a 24-hour period that will change our lives, our families; impact our church, community and country. Let’s really seek the LORD. Open time-slots are listed at the end of this announcement section.
2. This Sunday we will complete our study in Genesis 15. There is so much for us to learn as we follow Abraham’s walk of faith in God. There are so many ways for us to identify with, in our faith walk with the LOD. Invite others to come with you. If you would like the full-printed version of this 3-part sermon, you may download from this mailing or pick up a copy at the Information Table.
3. Jubilee Kids’ – just a reminder that you can invite young families with pre-K children and they can use the nursery room and listen to the service, in there, at the same time. We are excited to share with you that one of our little boys accepted Christ as his Savior, this past Sunday! Praise God! We could still use a few more helpers, especially in the “music” part of the service. Contact Georgia Cuxil or contact the church office.
4. Preparing for Easter – April 1st. If you would like to sing in the choir or play in the orchestra for Easter, be sure to come to practice this Sunday, 25th, 4:00-5:15 PM; orchestra, 5:30-6:30 PM.
5. Many thanks to Pastor Sherrow, the choir and instrumental group for your ministry at the Townhouse, this past Sunday. Your ministry was deeply appreciated.
6. Looking ahead … There are several great events that will be taking place here in the next couple of months, including:
• The new film, “Paul, the Apostle of Christ” will be shown in theaters the last of March. We will be hosting a pre-showing right here at VJF! Watch for the date.
• Franklin Graham will be in Oxnard one night only – May 23rd. Start praying for this spirit-filled event and put it on your calendar.
7. Passing the Torch of Remembrance.
Recently we had lunch with two new couples to Jubilee. It was a “get acquainted time.” I found it very interesting that both couples were writing their memoirs that would be passed on to family and friends.
How much do you know of the history of your parents? What a great way to pass the torch of remembrance to your children, grand-children and great grand-children.
9. Ladies … don’t forget! The new Women’s Bible Study starts Wednesday, February 28th. Register this Sunday for the new study by Priscilla Shirer, “Discerning the Voice of God”.
10. We need a seamstress. We have two pieces of equipment that could use a protective cover. If you can create a pillow-case, this job is for you. Contact Joan or Karen in the church office, 535-4325.
11. Sermons. You can download complete sermon, from prior Sunday, in in the Jubilee Weekly mailing, or pick up a printed version at the Information Table.
12. Remember … if you add a name to the weekly prayer list, please let us know when there is a change in the prayer request; i.e. we would like to keep it current by including any changes or remove the name when there is answered prayer.
FEB. 23RD NOON – 24TH NOON
Friday, 23rd – 5:00-5:30 PM; 7:00-7:30 PM; 7:30-8:00 PM; 8:30 PM – 9:00 PM; 11:00-11:30 PM.
Saturday, 24th – 12:30-1:00 AM; 1:00-1:30 AM; 3:00-3:30 AM; 4:00-4:30 AM; 6:00-6:30 AM; 6:30-7:00 AM; 8:30-9:00 AM; 10:30-11:00 AM
Call the church office, 535-4325, to reserve your space.