1. The Ladies’ Tea was a great success. The tables were beautifully decorated in different china settings. Many tables displayed a wonderful assortment of sandwiches, fruit and delicious cookies, etc. To top it off, there were a number of men who volunteered to keep tea and water flowing.
2. Our missionaries, Don and Kathy Mingo, will be with us this Sunday, at 11:30 AM. They personally spent over twenty years on the mission field. They know the challenges missionaries face. When they came home, several years ago, they had no intention of going back. A couple of years ago, God began to stir their hearts. They launched a ministry of redeeming missionaries that were close to quitting. You will want to hear their amazing story.
3. This is your last chance to sign up for our Christmas dinner, Tuesday, December 11th at 6 PM. We have room for 245 with only 14 seats available. Call today if you desire to attend. 805-535-4325
4. Will you help? Pastor Sherrow and the choir are presenting our Christmas musical on Sunday, Dec. 16th at 11:30 AM. Please invite family and friends to this great Christmas celebration.
5. Please remember the following in prayer:
· Mike and Sandy Kilpatrick and Marie – on the passing of their father and husband on Saturday.
· Jerry and Susan Lehman on the passing of their daughter, Jennifer.
The holiday can be difficult for those who have had loved ones called home. Pray for God’s comfort for all you know who have been thrust into the valley of sorrow. (See Item #10 below)
6. If you have recently received Christ in one of our services, please let us know so we can rejoice and pray for you. Use the Jubilee contact card and give us as much information as possible … and especially, let us know that you have received Jesus.
7. If you are interested in Church Membership or Believer’s Baptism, please use the Jubilee contact card. We will have classes for both events early in the New Year.
8. Blood Drive. We will have a blood drive, right here in our parking lot, on Sunday, January 6th from 1:30 – 3:00 PM. Give … and then, take some FREE PIZZA. Sign-ups will begin soon.
9. Choir, Choir, Choir – next practice: Sunday 12/9, 4-5:30 (no singing in morning service). Final rehearsal, Saturday, 12/15, 9:30 AM to noon.
10. Light up a Life …“During this festive season, take time to remember and celebrate the life of someone special.” (Livingston Memorial) The 34th celebration of featured readings, acts of remembrance and music will be held at the Pacific View Mall on Tuesday, December 11th at 6:30 PM. Donations will ensure the continuation of hospice throughout Ventura County.