DUE TO THE HOSTING OF NUMEROUS FIRE FIGHTERS, THERE WILL NOT BE A WOMAN’S BIBLE STUDY ON WEDNESDAY MORNING. THE STUDY WILL RESUME IN JANUARY.
1. Many thanks to Pastor Sherrow, the choir and orchestra for the fantastic Christmas worship experience, last Sunday. In these days, when so many have been impacted by the fires, it is wonderful to be reminded that in Christ we have living hope.
2. The memorial service for Dolly Puls will be next Sunday at 4:30 PM at Ted Mayr funeral home. Dolly was a very sweet lady. We really miss her.
3. Looking ahead — Sunday, December 31st is New Year’s Eve day. Throughout this year we individually and collectively have been through a lot and have experienced the faithfulness of God. I want our service that Sunday to be a time of our sharing lessons God has taught us, verses He has etched into our hearts, etc. My desire is that an avalanche of praise will rise to our LORD above. Plan now to share how God has blessed you.
4. Looking ahead — Sunday, January 14th at 5 PM, we want to show the movie, “Steve McQueen, American Idol”. I want for us to use it as a means of outreach to people who would not normally attend church. Ask the LORD to impress upon your heart who you should invite.
5. Children’s Church News — Many thanks to all of you who have signed up to be a part of this new venture. There will be a special meeting next Sunday, after church, from 12:45 – 1:30 PM. Refreshments will be served.
6. In relation to the fire, if you are in need of space to rent, from a room to a home; or, if you have space to rent, from a room to a home, please contact the church office. We are happy to help coordinate efforts.
7. If you have suffered a loss and have financial need or you want to contribute to a Ventura family who has lost their home, you can go to:
Venturasurfclub.org (support page). There you will find an opportunity to donate through “GoFundMe”, a creditable source for donations.
8. A few of you have not picked up your charter membership certificates yet. Please do so on Sunday morning. They will be by your name, at the Sign-In Sheet (tables).
9. Thank you! Thank you! Thank You…for your gifts to the boxes for the Christmas Shoppe. You helped fill at least four of the great big boxes! There will be a lot of smiles on many faces this Christmas because you gave.
10. Calling all men AND women who would like to help out as a parking attendant on Sunday mornings. Our goal is that you will fill this position just once a month. So … we need more folks to sign up. Please see Dave Inglis or call the office and leave us your name.