1. Praise the Lord! On Sunday 215 people completed the “Affirmation of Faith” statement as the first step to becoming charter members of Ventura Jubilee Fellowship. What a great start for this new work that God has birthed.
Steps to Membership – Once our by-laws are complete and have been accepted, those who signed the “Affirmation of Faith” will become charter members. If you were absent last Sunday, we will accept these forms for two more weeks. (August 13th and 20th)
2. Preparing for those the LORD will send to us. We are seeing new people at VJF every Sunday. NCourage has put up all the chairs they have; so, we have ordered 100 more. They should arrive in 4-6 weeks. I am excited. Let me encourage you to invite others to help fill the chairs when they arrive.
3. Steps to Membership – Last Sunday many of you signed the “Affirmation of Faith” saying you are a born-again Christian and that you are committed to Ventura Jubilee Fellowship. Once our by-laws are complete and have been accepted, those who signed the “Affirmation of Faith” will become charter members. If you were absent last Sunday, we will accept these forms for two more weeks. (August 13th and 20th)
4. Be sure to be present this Sunday, at 11:30 A.M., to hear our choir for the very first time! Invite others to come as your guests.
5. Children’s Ministry at VJF – Our fellowship is for all ages. Obviously, at the present time we do not have a children’s ministry, but we want to. We have been talking with nCourage about partnering with them. They have suggested we send several people interested with children’s ministry to visit their program and shadow their workers to see if their program
would be a good fit. I’m looking for 2-3 people who would be willing to visit their children’s program and check it out for us.
6. The memorial service for Janet Brewer will be Saturday, August 19th, at Ventura Baptist, at 10 A.M. Please remember the family in prayer.
7. Believer’s Baptism – we believe that everyone who is truly a born-again Christian should give witness to the same by being baptized. (Matthew 28:16-20; Acts 9:10-19; 16:25-34; 8:34-40) The word “Baptize” comes from the Greek word, “BAPTIZO” and it means “to immerse or submerge.” If you haven’t been baptized since you accepted Christ we would
encourage you to do so. It would be my happy privilege to baptize you.
8. Marriage Well Ministries is once again offering a special event at the Fair, called “Blessing of the Marriages.” It is for couples who have been married 40 years or longer. It will take place on the free senior’s day at the fair, Tuesday, August 8th. The fair opens early that day at 10 AM. More information is available at marriagewell.org.
9. Are you comfortable sharing your faith? If not, come to our Evangelism Seminar HERE at VJF. We are privileged to have Kathleen Parsa present this seminar on Saturday, August 26th from 9 AM to 12:15 PM. To register for this great opportunity, email Kathleen at email@example.com.
10. We have need for a desk in the Reflection’s Room, to be used as a work-station. If you have one, in good condition, please let Joan know.