1. An Opportunity to Serve. You heard on Sunday about the Good News Clubs that meet in area schools, at the end of a school day. We don’t know how long the schools will be open to such a program.
Child Evangelism Fellowship is looking for workers for the program. If you are interested, Call Jackie Kwasny at 805-760-6555.
2. This Sunday, as we celebrate Communion/The Lord’s Supper, we are going to examine the Steps to the Cross… what happened as Jesus was on the way to the cross. Communion will take on a whole new meaning. I hope you can be here.
3. Don’t forget that Sunday, September 9th, Brian and Brenda Kim, missionaries to Korea will be here. You do not want to miss hearing them.
4. Ladies’ Bible Study begins Wednesday, September 19th at 9:30 AM. I wish I could adequately communicate the excitement the Women’s Ministry Team personally feel as they launch this new study, plus the total women’s program.
5. A reminder to all of you who love to sing. The choir will begin their practices again this Sunday at 4 PM. If you have any questions, Call Pastor Sherrow at 805-415-3070 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Believer’s Baptism – the scriptures are very clear that once you have received Christ as your Savior and Lord, you follow Him in water baptism. If you are a born again Christian and ready to be baptized, pick up the form, complete it and get back to us right away. The Baptism Class will be Saturday, September 22nd at 9 AM.
7. Are you a member of Ventura Jubilee Fellowship? If not, you could be. We will have a membership class, Saturday, September 22nd at 10 AM. Pick up a form at the Information Table, complete it and get it back to us right away.
8. A luncheon you don’t want to miss — Tuesday, September 11th, at noon. Sheriff Detective Tim Lohman will be our guest. He will be sharing with us all about the latest scams coming our way. Some have seen his presentation and they say it is tremendous. Sign up this Sunday. Cost for the lunch is $8.00.
9. Something New –An exercise program called, “Bible Stretching”, led by Grace Dolton. The first session will be Thursday, September 13th at 9 AM. The exercises are such that anyone can do them… even while sitting on a chair. As pastor, I really urge you to give it a try.
10. Could You Help? We have several people who want to attend Jubilee on a regular basis, but they do not drive, so are dependent on others. Maybe you feel you can’t teach or preach or whatever, but you could have a transportation ministry. Give me a call if you can help; in this way. 805-535-4325.
11. Pictures! Directory pictures will be taken on September 9, 2018.
12. Don’t forget to sign-up to bring yummy cookies. It helps for Anita to know what the future holds in cookie inventory. Sign-up sheet is in the Café each Sunday morning.