1. There is power in God’s word. Last Sunday, a dear friend shared that he had prayed with me at the end of the service. Glory to God. If you are reading this note and prayed with me to invite Christ to be your Savior — please let me know so we can rejoice with you.
2. Our Men’s Thursday morning Breakfast and Bible Study times are great and growing. If you haven’t come yet, I really want to encourage you to do so. We begin at 6 AM, have breakfast, a worship time, prayer time and a study in God’s word. This Thursday, we will be looking at how God can handle some of the “Impossibilities” in our lives.
3. We would love to have you become a member of Ventura Jubilee Fellowship. Many of you became charter members early in our beginning days. Some of you started attending since then. We will soon have a class for those who desire to be new members. Please pick up the form at the information table, fill it out and get it right back to us.
4. I want to encourage those who have been born again to take the next step and follow the LORD in believer’s baptism. It is a step of obedience. Several have already turned in their forms, so we can begin to prepare them for this marvelous step of faith.
5. Time to Sign-Up! Tuesday, September 11th, we will have our next Jubilee Luncheon. Detective Tim Lohman will be presenting, “Scams Targeting Seniors”. We are aware of several, in our congregation, that have been affected by some type of scam. We need to be “street smart” when it comes to dealing with these phone calls, emails, letters, etc. You can register for this event at the Information Table. Cost: $8.00
6. There is a wonderful opportunity to serve children in the Jubilee Kids’ program for anyone who would like to teach exciting Bible Lessons to children. If you are interested, please e-mail Georgia Cuxil at email@example.com or call her at 805-323-5355. For some good reasons (like moving out of state!) several teachers have had to drop out of the program. In order to continue this service to children, replacement teachers need to be found. The teaching commitment is for only one Sunday per month.
7. Sunday, September 9th, Brian and Brenda Kim, missionaries to Korea will be with us. Get ready for a great blessing!
8. Dr. Robert Morgan will be with us for a weekend Bible Conference, October 26-28, 2018. Please put these dates down. We don’t want you to miss his ministry.
9. SMALL GROUPS – From Bill and Pat Abeyta, Small Groups Coordinators:
THANK YOU and praise God for your interest in joining VJF’s Small Groups Ministry!
Mark your calendars to attend a Small Groups Fall Start-up Meeting on Saturday,
August 25th, from 9:15 AM to 10:30 AM. Refreshments will be served in the café from 9:00 AM – 9:15 AM.
As previously announced, VJF Small Groups is starting in September. The purpose of our meeting is to present the ‘groupings’ according to zip code and size.
Locations outside of the city of Ventura range from Ojai and as far away as Newbury Park. In keeping with older adult ministries, we’ve done our best to keep driving distances within 10 minutes per each small group and their respective location.
Pray that the Holy Spirit will open the hearts of our Jubilee family and take this opportunity to grow in Christ together through our Small Groups Ministry.