1. WOW! What a day we had on Easter! I am so proud of the way you invited family and friends. We had a record attendance of 347. A lady came to me afterwards to say she had accepted Christ. That really made the day. Encourage those who came with you to come again. Many thanks to Pastor Sherrow, the choir and orchestra for such great music.
2. Memorial service for Helen Hume will be Saturday, April 14th at 10:00 AM at the Chapel City Church, 2315 Ventura Blvd., Camarillo.
3. Attention Ladies — Your weekly Bible study begins this Wednesday, April 4th at 9:30 AM. It will be great to see all of you ladies arriving for fellowship and a time in the word.
4. Tables and Chairs Project I just want you to know your giving has been such a blessing and it has made it possible to sign the lease and start furnishing the building with our own equipment and furniture. We have actually had it very good up until now, because we used most of the equipment provided by nCourage.
The Mother Church, Valley Bible in Bakersfield, is taking much of the furnishings because they are starting two new works – one in Bakersfield and another in Thousand Oaks.
A lot of what we are installing we have already paid for.
✓ We have now ordered 300 chairs for the worship center at a cost of $65 each.
✓ We have ordered 40 round tables at a cost of $125 each.
✓ We are ordering 300 chairs to be used with our tables and for the choir. They cost right at $45 each.
✓ We’ll also be adding a sitting area in the Café’ similar to what nCourage had.
If at times you have extra and would like to help with these items, be sure to write on your check, “tables and chairs”. God bless you for whatever you can do.
5. Reception for Pastor Lewis and Karen, Tuesday, April 17th, at 10:00 AM, right here in the Jubilee sanctuary. It will be so good to have them with us. We want to receive a love offering for them personally or their ministry. If you want to give for tax purposes, make your check out to “Abound Missionary Services.” If you want to give to them personally, make it out to Lewis and Karen McClendon.
6. Our next anointing and communion service will be Sunday, April 8th. When we receive our benevolence offering, at the end of the service, we will send it to the Shields who are serving the Lord in Mexico. They have been there many years and have had a tremendous ministry. Recently, the family has been hit hard with several illnesses and had to put the charges on their credit cards. We want to help them pay off that debt. If writing a check, make it out to Banner of Faith.
7. The funeral for David Eaton will be Saturday, April 14th at 1:00 PM at the Ted Mayr Funeral home. Dave was a former mayor of o9ur city. I know your presence at the service would be a real encouragement to the family.
8. The funeral for Barbara Person will be Saturday, April 7th at 11:30 at Trinity Presbyterian church, in Camarillo. The address is 2304 Antonio Ave.