1. GREAT NEWS! I am pleased to share with you that David Warbritton, former Youth Pastor at Ventura Baptist has accepted our invitation to become our Associate Pastor. He and Kodi will be a wonderful addition to our Jubilee team and family. They should be located here by mid-June. Pray for them as they wrap things up in Lynchburg, VA. Pray that they will find suitable housing here. Pray for the two children who will be making the move with them. SPECIAL REQUEST – The Warbritton’s will be in need of an affordable 3-bedroom house to rent. It will need to have a backyard. Move-in: mid-June.
2. Be sure to pass the word to all ages about the concert we will have here on Saturday, March 30th at 5 PM.Come and hear the national award-winning Eisenhower High School Orchestra and Jazz Band from Yakima, WA. It is free and will be a wonderful event for all ages to enjoy.
3. You will want to hear Johnny & Ruth Larring on Sunday, March 31st. They are very gifted musical missionaries to the Scandinavian countries. They will sing at 11:30 AM and then put on a concert at 5 PM. You will be greatly blessed. Use this as an outreach to bring people to Jubilee.
4. Pictures will be taken again this Sunday for our Jubilee Pictorial Directory. This is a wonderful way for us to get to know each other. If you are not in our directory, I hope you will have your picture taken this Sunday.
5. Ladies – if you haven’t been attending the Wednesday Bible Study, at 10 AM, you still can. It is a great study on “The Attributes of God” by A. W. Tozer. You will learn what God is really like.
6. Men — “Is God’s Word a Priority in Your Life?” Come to the breakfast as we explore this question for YOU. The breakfasts and worship are really great. (Just a reminder that a donation of $5 is always appreciated.)
7. Stretch to keep healthy and balance! It’s a class designed with you in mind. You can hear the Word and exercise at the same time. This unique opportunity is open to you every Thursday at 9 AM. Come and grow in the Word and in strength.
8. Are you interested in church membership? We love your commitment to the Lord. How ‘bout committing to Ventura Jubilee Fellowship through joining in church membership? Our church is growing in so many areas and we want you to be an integral part of God’s plan for Jubilee. The Connection Card, in the back of the worship-center chairs, gives you the opportunity to express your interest in:
A. Church Membership B. A desire to be baptized — publicly professing your faith in Him C. Joining a Small Group — an opportunity for close fellowship in study & prayer.
9. Something New — We hope very soon to operate our first Bible Study class on Prayer. We are ready to offer special studies. Watch for further word.
10. “New Beginnings” — You are invited to the Ventura County Pregnancy Center Fundraising Banquet. It will be Thursday, April 25th at the Ventura Beach Marriott. This free event will give you an opportunity to donate. Call Linda Simson for reservations before April 4th – 805-644-5108
11. Wycliffe Associates is sponsoring “Coming Alive” … a banquet on April 9that 7 PM. This free event includes a dinner and program at the Courtyard by Marriott, Oxnard. Reservations required: 1-888-489-0591. If you would like to car-pool, please contact the church office. 805-535-4325
12. Changed prescriptions? Bring your old glasses to church. The Lion’s Club is collecting glasses for those who are in need.