1. Associate Pastor Search Update — First of all I want to thank the team working with me in this process. They are amazing and have dignified the search in such significant ways.
Several people have expressed an interest in the position. We recently unanimously agreed to offer the position to a certain candidate. On February 1st, he shared with me that the timing is not right for his family and I fully understand. So, we are back to the drawing board. We fervently believe God has been preparing the right person for us. You can have a prominent part in this process by praying for us as we seek the mind of Christ.
2. This Sunday — we want you to meet Mr. & Mrs. Joshua Saune. He is from Peru and leads a ministry that over a relatively short period of time has planted over 2,000 churches along the Amazon. Our Missions’ Board is praying about a possible partnership with this ministry. Don’t miss the opportunity of meeting and hearing this special couple.
3. Have you been baptized since you welcomed Christ into your heart and life? Our Lord asks that all born-again Christians publicly honor Him by Believer’s Baptism. Pick up the form at the Information Table and get it to us right away. Class: Sat., Feb. 16th at 9 AM.
4. We invite you to become a member of Ventura Jubilee Fellowship. If you are a born-again Christian, we encourage you to pray about joining. Pick up the Membership Form and get it to us right away. Class on Saturday, February 16th at 10 AM.
5. Jubilee’s Amazing Choir will be singing this Sunday. You won’t want to miss the joy they share in music! (There is no choir practice on Sunday, the 10th.)
6. Men’s Breakfast & Bible Study. Start your Thursday mornings with a very special kind of fellowship with your brothers-in-Christ. Music, Meditation and of course, breakfast! It all happens in the Café at 6 AM.
7. The Bible Stretch class is every Thursday at 9 AM. You can start anytime. Did you know that stretching helps with balance … which helps prevent falls!! Of course, the added benefit, Bible meditation. It’s a time of growth … physical and spiritual health.
8. Comedy Date Night, Fri., Feb. 15th at 8 PM, here at Jubilee. An evening of great fun and hilarious clean comedy, at its best. For tickets: marriagewell.org
9. Would you like your name added to the Prayer Chain? Each Monday the Jubilee prayer requests list is distributed via email. Just call/write the office and we will add you to the list of our mighty prayer warriors.
Also, if you have a prayer request, the Information Table has the yellow Prayer Request Cards.