1. Many thanks to all of you who have come alongside of us at this time when Joyce’s health is failing. The meals and all the other ways you are expressing your love are deeply appreciated. We are especially grateful for your prayers for wisdom as we seek to give her the very best care possible. We thank the LORD for you.
2. Please continue to pray for our Associate Pastor Search Committee as we look for the man we are convinced God has been preparing for us We look forward to the day when we can introduce to you the man God has equipped for us.
3. Jesus said, “My house shall be called a house of prayer.” Every Sunday, at 11 AM, we meet in the Conference Rom to invite God’s presence and blessing on us as we gather to worship Him. We would love to have you (men and women) join us.
4. Joshua and Missy Saune have been approved by your Missions’ Board to begin receiving support as VJF missionaries. Joshua is from Peru and they are carrying on a tremendous ministry in that country. We would encourage you to consider personal support for them. We have prayer cards and envelopes for them on our Information Table.
5. Opportunities for Your Growth:
A. Small Groups – I would love to see everyone in Jubilee be a part of a Small Group. There are so many advantages in being a part of such a group. Call Bill Abeyta for more information. 805-205-4456
B. Women’s Bible Study every Wednesday, at the church, at 10 AM. Current study is “The Attributes of God”, by A. W. Tozer.
C. Men’s Breakfast & Bible Study is every Thursday at 6 AM, at the church. This is a great gathering. You really should give it a try.
D. The “Bible Stretch Class” is an exercise program in a Biblical setting. They meet every Thursday at 9 AM.
6. Opportunities to Serve – The Bible says, “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” There are so many opportunities to serve here at Ventura Jubilee.
A. Join the choir – contact Pastor Sherrow.
B. Help with the ushering – contact Charles Barnes, 805-644-5009.
C. Join our Helping-Hands Ministry – where we provide refreshments at receptions where a funeral or memorial service is concerned. Contact Delores Barnes, 805-644-5009.
D. Help with set-up and take down of tables, chairs, etc. for special occasions. This would be such a help if we know in advance who to call on. Call Dana Hill, 805-947-8465.
E. We could use one or two stage hands who would become familiar with the needs for sound, set-up, etc. for the individuals or groups using the platform, each week. What a blessing this person would be. Check with Mike Wickham, 805-340-2458 or Peter Thompson, 805-805-231-4782.
F. We could use several more to drive our fancy, six passenger, red transporter cart and pick up people in our parking lot who have difficulty in walking any distance. Call Dave Inglis, 805-701-7403.
G. Be the first impression! Yes, join the greeter team and help distribute the bulletins and welcome folks … “new and long-timers” to our church. Contact Shelley Decker, 805-760-6994
7. For Your Information – The Ventura County Area Agency on Aging and Grey Law will be offering the “Legal Information for Elders” workshop at Santa Paula’s Universalist Unitarian Church on Wednesday, Feb. 27, from 10 AM to noon. Designed to provide valuable legal information to individuals 60 and older. It is free and open to the public. Please register: 808-525-4647. Workshop address: 740 E. Main St., Santa Paula.
8. We have a nice umbrella in our “Lost and Found Basket”. The basket is located over in the free book section of the Worship Center.